Monday, March 20, 2017
Google Docs is fun and easy to use.
Google Docs is a word processing program developed by the fine people from Google. It's similar to Microsoft Word with some added benefits.
- Use premade templates. Use these 50 pre-made templates to track spending, keep up with your health, and much more.
- Collaborate on group projects. Google Docs allows for real-time collaboration, so make easy work for everyone next time you have a group project due.
- Free. There is no need to worry about expensive software subscriptions. Google Docs is free.
- Create graphs from spreadsheets. Once you have populated a spreadsheet with data, you can easily create a graph. Google Docs allows for pie, bar, line, and scatter graphs. No saving is necessary. All work is saved as you go.
- Create online surveys for research projects. Quickly and easily create online surveys for any research project that requires feedback from others. The answers are saved to your Google Docs account.
- Add video to your presentation. Learn how to seamlessly add video to your Google Docs page to really give your presentation or project a boost.
Friday, March 10, 2017
What is Formative?
Formative is a technology tool designed for formative assessment.
How can teachers use Formative in their classrooms?
When the teacher creates an assignment on Formative, students can work on the assignment from their own device. As the students answer, teachers can see live results from the students. This allows teachers to provide feedback to the the students. Formative runs on any internet connected device and is great to use in a BYOD, flipped or blended classroom.
Friday, March 3, 2017
What is Padlet?
Padlet is an online collaborative bulletin board that allows for sharing of text, links, videos and images with a group. It can be customized to be private and/or moderated.